Advanced SharePoint Versioning
Similar to a traditional DMS MacroView DMF® automatically checks out documents as they are opened from SharePoint via Microsoft Word, Excel or PowerPoint.
MacroView Advanced Office Integration (AOI) expands save options for Microsoft Word and Excel by providing the business user with the following:
- Save as new version (major or minor)
- Save as New Document
- Overwrite existing version (including majors in Majors Only libraries)
- Reduces number of dialog boxes on save
- Suppresses discard checkout option if triggered
- Incorporates MacroView UDN functionality for headers & footers
- Works with & without document ID feature enabled – v7
- Supports SharePoint Online, SharePoint Farms, Microsoft Teams & OneDrive.
MacroView AOI eliminates the risk of users inadvertently discarding all the changes that they have made to a document since they checked it out, which is what happens when they respond Yes to the ‘Do you want to discard the checkout?’ prompt that is displayed by the native integration of Office and SharePoint.
MacroView AOI is included in MacroView Case & Matter.