Easily manage documents and emails in SharePoint by fully integrating with Outlook, Office, Adobe and File Explorer.
MacroView DMF® is available in two configurations, both of which enable you to create a Document Management System (DMS) in the Office 365 Cloud:
- MacroView DMF supports hybrid solutions for managing documents and emails. Your document store can extend over one or multiple on-premises SharePoint web applications and also an Office 365 tenancy. MacroView DMF (Hybrid) uses a patented custom web service to provide full functionality and unrivalled volume handling capability.
- MacroView DMF 365 is the cost effective option if you want a ‘cloud-only’ document store. MacroView Message 365 is a client-side only deployment and enables excellent document management solutions using Office 365 SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business.
Excellent User Experience
- Intuitive tree-view display
– makes working with O365 and SharePoint as familiar as working with folder trees in Windows file shares or Microsoft Outlook.
- Drag and drop in Outlook to save emails and attachments. [Watch Video]
- Drag and drop to upload files from Windows folder.
- Windows-style right-click menus – familiar to Windows users
- Search for documents and emails by metadata and content while you work in Outlook, Word and other familiar applications.
- Formatted previews of documents and emails.
- Rapid access to favourite and recently used areas
- Supports a wide range of national languages – including double byte languages.
- Consistent experience across Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Reader / Acrobat and Windows.
- Excellent support for browsing and navigation.
- Full support for Views as defined in SharePoint.
- Open, download, rename, delete, move, copy, etc.
- Background bulk-saving of emails.
- Save and upload documents and emails with support for all types of metadata columns and great automatic metadata capture.
- Check-out / check-in, numbering, versioning, Version History.
- Declare as Record, Add / Remove Legal Holds.
- Audit History for a selected document.
- Take Offline / Connect to One Drive.
- Open and Save / resave PDFs in SharePoint from Adobe Reader, Acrobat.
- Optional modules available which enable SharePoint-based solutions that have all the functionality of a traditional DM system.
Customize to Your Requirements
- Changes made to the underlying SharePoint design and Views reflected accurately in MacroView DMF user interface.
- Define your own MacroView Search panels – tailored to the way your teams and business units work and use metadata.
- Add custom items to the right-click menus – e.g. Workflow, Create Project, Create Extranet, New Document, etc
- Customize the MacroView Profiling / metadata capture dialog – support custom field types, automatic metadata, etc.
- Rebranding and custom wording of menus, messages, etc.
- See Customizing MacroView DMF.
Large Volume Handling
- Proven ability to cope with large SharePoint document stores.
- Patented custom web service of MacroView DMF Hybrid enables server-side caching for efficient browsing and navigation.
- See this Case Study that describes how MacroView DMF enabled the creation of a Document Management System (DMS) for a 1,000 seat law firm, and this MacroView blog post that describes the migration of 3 million existing documents.
Ease of Administration
- Enter license details once centrally – individual users do not need to enter license details.
- No need to register individual site collections – simply register the web application(s) or 365 tenancies and MacroView DMF displays the full tree structure – security trimmed to each user.
- Smart Installer streamlines installation of client-side components.
- Extensive client-side settings – which can all be rolled out using Group Policy. See Services.
- Does not change how documents are stored in SharePoint – enables use of other SharePoint add-ons – e.g. workflow.